As you know, the House of Medicine including COS is committed to keeping physicians at the table when it comes to the Colorado Option. The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) is inviting all individuals and organizations to participate in six stakeholder meetings to discuss the framework for the standardized plan for the Colorado Option. View the email for the full meeting schedule and link to the Colorado Option DORA webpage. The Division will host six (6) stakeholder meetings on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, July 29th, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Overview of the legislation and stakeholder engagement process
- Presentation recording
- Thursday, August 12th, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM: Required benefits and introduction to cost-sharing and benefit design
- Thursday, September 9th, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM: Incentivizing high-value care: How can it reduce health disparities and improve health equity?
- Friday, September 24th, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Plan Design and Cost Sharing Part 1
- Monday, October 4th, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM: Plan Design and Cost Sharing Part 2
- Thursday, November 4th, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Summary of work and overview of Colorado Option plan
Interested in attending? Click here to learn more and register.
2021 Legislative Session
The Colorado Orthopaedic Society partners with the Colorado Medical Society and their Council on Legislation to help stay apprised on all legislative priorities that are affecting physicians in Colorado.
The Council on Legislation will take positions on priority legislation throughout session. CMS positions on bills will be available here following each Council on Legislation meeting.
- Support/oppose – Play a lead role and commit significant political resources, including testimony, active lobbying and grassroots engagement; actively work on amendments
- Monitor – Watch for adverse or favorable amendments that could affect physicians.
View the bills in a separate window.